At Careem, our mission is to simplify the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution.
Careem is an innovative transportation service operational in 45+ cities. With 30% monthly growth, we are one of the fastest growing companies. Our recipe for success has been a team that thrives on challenges and is passionate about solving problems. We have attracted strong investors and are positioned on the cusp of significant scale.
*This role is based in Karachi, Pakistan*
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Director of Engineering, you will utilize strong management and technical competencies to lead, mentor and inspire our engineering team.
Experience and Duties Include:
- 15+ years of experience in technology and leadership positions.
- Leadership and management of software development teams, including performance management of all staff to include building team, mentoring and providing ongoing management on performance objectives
- Grow engineering team as needed, providing guidance on compensation (budget and allocation) and promotions
- Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth
- Represent your team to senior leadership and other groups to build a challenging vision and ensure you have the resources to deliver it
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Experience solving large-scale engineering challenges
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
Additional qualifications include:
- Director / Head of Engineering in an organization that experienced massive scaling
- Experience in building an agile and high-performing engineering organization
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from top engineering school